Are You Carrying Keys to Doors of the Past God Long-Ago Locked? | Jennifer LeClaire Ministries

I wear a key around my neck. In fact, I have several different key necklaces. One says faith. One says dream wild. One says create. Some are silver. Some are black. Some are cooper.

Call it a prophetic thing… I started wearing necklaces when I got the Isaiah 22:22 revelation: “Then I will set the key of the house of David on his shoulder, when he opens no one will shut, when he shuts no one will open.”

In the realm of prayer, we use the Isaiah 22:22 key with governmental authority to unlock doors God prophetically shows us to open for His glory and to lock doors He wants locked to the enemy. As ambassadors for Christ, this is one strategy for waging prophetic warfare and legislating in the spirit.

Carrying Too Many Keys

Last week I received a new revelation while relocating to a new home. As part of taking possession of the property, I got three new keys for my ring and used one of them to turn the lock on a 7-foot door. When I opened this God-given door, I walked into my dream loft in an urban city with artists, photographers, and organic coffee surrounding my abode.

As I worked diligently to unpack boxes, I noticed my friend had a key ring with no more than three keys. That struck me as my keyring had no less than 18 keys on it. Beyond the three new keys to my home, I have P.O. Box keys, car keys, church keys, and a slew of other keys. These keys was so heavy it l literally weighed down my bags.

I declared in that moment I would winnow down my key chain. I ended up with six keys. Honestly, I couldn’t even remember what most of the other keys were for. If I was on a game show and the host asked which key went in what door I would have surely lost the competition.

Want prayer mentoring with Jennifer? Check out this exciting new program.

Putting Away Old Keys

Here’s the lesson: Many of us are holding on to keys from doors of the past that are not only closed—the locks have been changed. We’re toting around a ring with keys to doors we long forgot about. Somehow, we closed the door and kept the keys—and those keys are weighing us down.

Hebrews 1:2 admonishes us, “Let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.”

We can’t run our race with endurance if we don’t forget what lies behind—the closed doors, the failed relationships, the trials of life. We can’t sprint around the track God has laid out without wearing ourselves out if we don’t let go of the heavy weights the enemy wants us to carry.

Stripping my key chain of these superfluous keys to doors of the past was like letting go of a heavy load—and not just out of my bag but off my mind. It was a prophetic act that parallels Philippians 3:13-14:

“Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Jennifer LeClaire former editor of Charisma magazine, senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at info@jenniferleclaire.org.

1. Barbara Nichter

Such a good Word…especially going into an exciting New Year!!

2. Terri krontz

Thank you for this article…praying the Lord shows me what keys I am hanging on to..

3. Kathy

This is an inspiring revelatory example of God doing life with us. It amazes me how God reveals beautiful growth opportunities in our everyday ‘normal’. Sometimes we just need to be more aware. This has reminded me to do just that. I claim that I have eyes to see and ears that hear in the name of Jesus.

4. Neetu

Awesome, love you Jennifer. You spoke to me today.

5. Lorraine Alves

Jennifer I love your emails. So encouraging. I wish I could afford your online training class

6. Phyllis Kilgore

What a Mighty Revelation of The Keys am getting rid of old keys 🔑 in Jesus Hallelujah💯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃🏃💕❤️🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

7. nancy miller

Just listened to reenie mederos live webinar on separating soul and spirit and in the final activation and prayer it was seen Jesus handing us new keys. thank you so much for this confirmation. I am praying for you and your ministry.

8. BJ Nakano

This article is so appropriate for the start of this new year. God has delivered me from so much baggage this last year. Now I have to let go totally of those “keys” that no longer serve me. Thanks for your prophetic sharing!

9. Katrina

Good word! Thank you!

10. Adinzie DC

Thank you Jennifer. Talking about keys, I just did that few days ago and the bunch left was a big relief for me to carry about. Better if we let go things that weigh us down. Thank you and God bless you.

11. Freddie Garcia

God bless you Mighty Women of Abba!!! This is a great word!! God has blessed me with more than what i could have ever imagined!! I now am moving up to a higher level spiritualy, and with business!! I have keys from the past i have to throw away and yes i will do that! When God starts something in our lifes HE will finish!!! God bless you and triple fold with great victory this New Year 2018!!!

12. Bob Anderson

Thank you, Jennifer… these are helpful words in a number of ways. I appreciate your ministry and as a 40plus year veteran of mainline denominational ministry leadership (and still counting!) I am encouraged by your words. I send support from time to time and will be able to more in the future. And in the back of my prayers I hear God prompting me to tell Jennifer to pace herself, keep focus and take quiet time to reflect. I love your words, your prayers your energy – I’ve learned from you and I’m way older than you! You are “down to earth”, you get “down and dirty” about how life really is for people… in short you are “real”… thanks!

13. Darlene J. Wegner

Thank you so much Jennifer for this word. I, too, keep hanging onto past successes wishing I could re-duplicate. It is a closed door for me, and has been. However, I need to throw away the key also.

I have a blog, needs web page completion, however, the name of it is My Healing Story – http://thornton1953 – thornton is my maiden name and 1953 year I was born.

Love Charisma magazine and all you articles

14. David

God is so cool. About two hours before you sent out this word I was in a Wal-Mart parking lot giving a woman a key necklace from The Giving Keys that one of my sisters had given me for my birthday this year. This was all after a dream and the following revelation/spirit push from God. Honestly I’m new to this type of direction and was actually pretty uneasy at times before and after. Then He does what He always does.. Shuts the enemy’s trap, loves on me and lifts me up with a little “good and faithful” shout-out. ..This word was part of that. Thank you Jennifer.

15. Yvonne

Wow Jennifer !
    I got this idea in my head around October 2017 that I need as a prophetic act wear neck piece with keys on, one for my car, one for business n house and one for ministry.
    I am from South Africa, I am looking for key chains.
    I am called into intercession and trusting the Holy Spirit to guide me.
    I am soaking in what u are saying. I have lots to learn.
    Thank u.
    God bless u.
    Yvonne

16. Deionne C. Ivery

Hello Prophetess thank you for that awesone insight on having so many keys !!! Fir a season those keys didn’t seem like weights but the more you added the heavier they became.you got free once some keys were taken off the ring. I receive that prophetic word. God bless

17. Darryl Stafford

Awesome Revelation makes me think about cleaning out my spiritual closest and getting rid of old keys which are old mindsets.

18. Ronany Kalepa

You are truly a blessing to my life Woman of God. God bless you in every way in this new year. Thank you for your consistency.

19. Ronany Kalepa

Thank you for consistency. you are a blessing to me and many.

20. Cristian

Thank you, this was spot on right now!