(More Than) 4 Reasons God Hides Prophets in Caves | Jennifer LeClaire Ministries

Elijah’s recorded ministry began making declarations in to a king. But soon he found himself in a cave. While I have been vocal about prophets coming out of the cave, there are times when God hides prophets in a cave–and with good reasons.

We find these principles in 1 Kings 17:1-4:

“Now Elijah the Tishbite, who was one of the inhabitants of Gilead, said to Ahab, “As the Lord God of Israel lives before whom I stand, there will not be dew or rain these years except by my word.”

“The word of the Lord came to him, saying, ‘Go from here and turn eastward and hide by the Kerith brook, which is east of the Jordan. You shall drink from the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there.”

“So he went and did according to the word of the Lord, for he went and lived by the Kerith brook, which is east of the Jordan. 6 The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.”

If you are in a season of hiddenness, this video teaching will bless you!

Looking for real raw transparency about what prophets go through, check out the Making of a Prophet webinar.

1. Toni

Wow! This was powerful. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I now understand better why I’ve been experiencing some of the things I have; I’m in a place of hiddeness 🙌🏾

2. Rebecca

I’m still hidden and it has been years now. Early on, the Lord said to me ‘I am going to put you on the shelf’ and I had no idea all that entailed. I have often referred to this place as the brook of Cherith and said I have been being fed here. He has been teaching me and refining me and it is an amazing place to be. I am so thankful to know Him as never before which has lead me to a place of trust and security in Him and a true relationship of such depth compared. I will know when and where He leads me because He has been preparing me as well as the ground He is calling me to plant in. Thank you, Jennifer for this encouraging word of truth that I so identify with.

3. Sumathi

Thank you so much Jennifer!

4. Sharon Angulo (Beulah)

This message was for me today! Thank you!! I have loved my hiddenness. God has moved me Very Rapidly, but I see His Devine timing, and wisdom. This helped me so much, in my standing in confidence, that I am truly hearing accurately. May God continue to richly Bless you! Also, how do I get on your 6am prayer call?

5. M.petersen

Cave dweller since 2014…hope to see daylight soon..I’ve been pruned heavily,but where I’m at now there’s no prophetic moving..

• M.petersen

Good word,been through the fire…

6. HILARY Misc LYNNE

This is complete awesomeness and so timely! Thank you for your heart and love for us Jennifer! 😊

7. steve rees

Love your ministry and this encouraging word, Jennifer.

8. Grant Peever

Second; “And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.” I am more and more transformed into the identity that He establishes in me as I continue to behold Him. I am not looking to any model already out there to follow. There are too many copycats and most of them are functioning to bring attention to themselves. The paradox is; if you are obedient to the direction of Jesus as the head, you can’t be afraid to call attention to yourself!

• Dan

“…you can’t be afraid to call attention to yourself!“

Okay, I’ll go with it… if you can show that it’s actually true. Why do you believe this? What evidence do you have that this is, in fact, the case?

9. Tiffany

I wanted to bring to the attention that Jennifer skipped number four after teaching about number three and went straight to five. Can she please put up number four reason so I don’t feel as if I’m missing something? Overall it was absolutely refreshing.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. (More Than 4) Reasons God Hides Prophets in Caves | WTLM Autodesk - […] you are in a season of hiddenness, this video teaching will bless […]