We are in the midst of a season of exposure the Lord spoke to me about toward the end of 2017. The Lord showed me in June that He was going to unmask the masked assassins.
When I was growing up in the 1970s, my family spent a lot of time with another family whose boys liked to watch WWE. Dusty Rhodes was the good guy. The Masked Assassins were the bad guys.
The Masked Assassins never played by the rules–and it always made me mad. The Masked Assassins, donning their black and yellow face covers, had no ethics. They took no heed to the referees. And they sought to destroy their opponent with treacherous acts of cheating.
Today, I see the rise of Masked Assassins gain. They are still wearing masks. They are still defying the rules. They are unethical cheats. And they are murdering the reputations of Christians who refuse to bow to their Jezebelic agendas.
Indeed, a spirit of assassination on on the loose. A spirit of assassination is akin to a murdering spirit, but it’s got a surprise element. Keep in mind, where there are assassinations there are almost always conspiracies.
What is Assassination
Merriam-Webster’s dictionary defines assassination as “murder by sudden or secret attack often for political reasons.” While murder can be accidental–that’s called manslaughter–assassination is always premeditated and typically rooted in church politics.
The politicking in the body of Christ is hard to miss. You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. Until I won’t. And then the assassination conspiracies begin swirling. It’s been said the fastest way to see a Jezebel spirit manifest is to say “no.” And Jezebel is indeed a cooperator with the spirit of assassination.
Assassination also means treacherous destruction of a person’s reputation, according to Merriam-Webster. Indeed, most Christians aren’t slinging guns, they are using spiritual slings to hit their targets in the mind with false accusations. There are character assassinations, ministry assassinations, health asssassinations, financial assassinations. Indeed, there are different types of assassination.
Church assassins do their dirty work through slander, gossip and set ups. Church assassins frame people from sins they did not commit, cast aspersions on people who did no wrong, and otherwise fabricate stories to gain a critical mass of people to their side.
7 Traits of Church Assassin
What does a church assassin look like? How do they operate? Here are seven traits:
- Without conscience. Someone who murders–and especially murders by surprise attack–has no guilt about it or they would stop after the first hit. They don’t regret their actions much less repent. 1 Timothy 4:1-2 says, “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.”
- Quick on their feet. Assassins have to be able to outthink their victims so they can maintain the surprise attack mode. They lay strategic traps for their victims. Proverbs 26:27, “Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and he who rolls a stone, it will return upon him.”
- False witnesses. Assassins use knowledge as a weapon–usually false knowledge in the form of gossip and slander. Proverbs 19:5 says, “A false witness will not be unpunished, and he who speaks lies will not escape.”
4.Charismatic personalities. Assassins–especially church assassins–typically have charismatic personalities. They recruit more hit men to their cause in a gang mentality to crucify their victim upside down. Beyond the charismatic, persuasive exterior is a vicious interior. Proverbs 26:23-26, “Burning lips and a wicked heart are like earthenware covered with silver dross. He who hates dissembles with his lips, and lays up deceit within him; when he speaks kindly, do not believe him, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness will be shown before the whole congregation (ESV).”
- Pathological liars. Assassins have lied to themselves to such a degree that they are convinced they are wearing the white hat in the conflict. They are deceived and being deceived. 2 Timothy 3:13, “But evil men and seducers will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.”
- Drama seekers. Assassins are blood hungry drama seekers. They are always in some sort of conflict, always in attack mode, and always ready to experience the adrenaline rush that comes after the hit. Galatians 5:15: “But if you bite and devour one another, take heed that you are not consumed by one another.”
- Covenant breakers. Assassins often turn on the people with whom they walked the closest. Judas walked with Jesus in intimate relationship for over three years and betrayed Him with a kiss that probably felt more like a knife in his back. Judas had just drank the from the cup of the new covenant in Christ’s blood (Matthew 26:23–25)
Our gift of this article by is made possible by your gracious support of the ministry. Partner with us online to help us continue touching the nations with present-day truth.